Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Sundae

**Just a heads up, this is my first blog and I have ADD like NOBODY'S business, so expect rapid course corrections and rambling. Oh and no names will be changed to protect anyone's identity.**

It was brought to my attention that I need to blog the adventures of the Mills clan due to the extreme nature and mostly graphic content of day to day living. I'm not convinced, but here goes!

Yesterday was Easter and this year it was quite a treat. The kiddos played outside for 5 + hours while I caught up with some pseudo-family members over great food. (I say 'pseudo' family because we aren't blood related, however we are certainly time, history and tears-shed related, so maybe pseudo isn't the correct word. Hmm..)

Anyway, the day couldn't have been better! The weather, the food, the inappropriate conversations...Everyone laughed heartily at least twice, which always means memories were made.

Now that I look back on it, I know with certainty that I am capable of 'taking a joke'.
All in all, I managed to laugh off being called 'fat' by my ex-boyfriend, a 'lazy cook' by his newest wife, 'manly' by his brother, and a 'child' by my current-soon-to-be-deceased-husband.

Last time I checked, a normal woman would have drown all of those people in the pond! I, however, was poised and graceful and took it all in stride. (Except for when I drew 'I LOVE BALLS' on his mothers lighter)

But yes, i chose to spend my day with those people because, after all, they are my pseudo family and Im sure they were mostly joking...

2 comments:

  1. I know Andrew would bang his head on a table if he saw that I wrote this... but... Your BALLS are showing under your skirt hem...BAHAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, Misty, you forgot to add the thing I called you when I found out you had written on my lighter. Shit head. lol

    ReplyDelete